School’s out and Summer is here in a real way! The days are long and we want to maximize our fun in the sun with the least amount of time in the kitchen. But we have to eat and, as we all know, breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
Mornings are filled with a million things to do, breakfast can get pushed down on the priority list, and hangry is a real thing, especially for kids. To avoid any kiddo (or grown-up) melt-downs, try making these quick and easy 3-ingredient breakfast popsicle recipes for the perfect Summer breakfast solution!
Make these the night before or the week before for that matter. They are great to have in the freezer for an especially hectic morning or even to enjoy as a snack on a hot afternoon!
3-Ingredient, Quick & Easy Cereal Popsicles Recipe
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes + freezing overnight
Servings: 6 popsicles
Difficulty Level: 1
1.5 cups cereal
1.5 cups fruit, chopped up
1.5 cups milk
- Mix all cereal and fruit together.
- Divide cereal mixture among 6 popsicle molds, pressing it down as needed.
- Fill each popsicle mold with about ¼ cup milk. This will vary depending on your molds.
- Add your popsicle sticks and freeze overnight.
- When you’re ready for breakfast, remove your popsicles from the freezer and either wait about 7 minutes or dip the molds in warm water for 5-15 seconds for the popsicles to loosen enough to remove from their molds and serve.
Enjoy one for yourself on the go, or pass one to your hungry, picky eater to enjoy outside. Their little tummies and yours will be filled with fiber, protein and fruit in every popsicle! Pair with Yummi Bears Complete Multi-Vitamin for an even healthier start to another beautiful day.
If you enjoyed this article, you’ll like our post, The Fun Side of Fiber: The Essential Nutrient For A Healthy Diet.