Ahh, the weekend! It’s alive with opportunity to explore the world around you. But sometimes all of your best laid plans are forgotten come Saturday. That’s why we’re sharing our favorite weekend activities to leave you feeling inspired, happy and invigorated.
You’ve worked hard all week. It’s essential to remember to take time to take a step back, breathe in the calm moments of life and celebrate YOU. You can receive all the external praise in the world, but it’s also important to feel victorious in your own right. Think of something you accomplished during the week–perhaps you smoothed things out with a difficult client or maybe you helped a friend in need. Celebrate that! Our favorite ways to healthfully treat ourselves include:
- Indulging in relaxing massage (especially if you’ve been working hard AND working out)
- Spending some quality time with your favorite book
- Taking a luxurious bath: Face mask + bubble bath + candles = extreme relaxation
- Splurging on some new workout gear – the gift that keeps on giving!
DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT
It’s the newness of life that makes it exciting. Doing something novel can change your perspective on things, build confidence and grow your network. Here are our favorite ways to get out there and try something new:
- Use Groupon to purchase an activity you’ve never experienced (we tried archery and loved it!)
- Visit a local museum and actually read the captions accompanying the art work
- Take a painting class
- Have a picnic in the park with friends
- Try a cuisine you’ve never tried before
EXPLORE A PASSION
Perhaps your chosen career isn’t your true passion. That doesn’t mean that you can’t cultivate what you love in other ways. Try these ideas this weekend:
- Write about your passion on your blog or LinkedIn Publisher–and actually press ‘publish’
- Commit to an hour of researching a particular topic you’re interested in exploring
- Reach out to someone who’s doing what you’d love to do and invite them to coffee
Who knows, maybe your passion will turn into a lifelong hobby – or career!
As Einstein said, “Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.” Studies show that having plants in your office can increase happiness and productivity. Imagine what a hike can do for you. Being outside is therapeutic. It heightens our sense of wonder and inspires creativity. Take a break from your iPhone and computer and try one of these activities:
- Go hiking with a friend early in the morning
- Plan a day trip to the mountains or beach (bring a sketchpad to capture it all)
- Try a new outdoor activity like rock climbing
- Rent a kayak
What’s your favorite way to celebrate the weekend? Share with us on our Facebook Page.