Easy One Pan Butternut Squash Black Bean Tacos
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 13 minutes
Total Time: 33 minutes
Servings: 6 (Makes about 18 small tacos using ¼ cup butternut squash mixture in each)
Difficulty Level: 2
2 tablespoons olive oil
3-4 cups diced butternut squash (1 small butternut squash)
¾ cup diced onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 can black beans, rinsed well and drained
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, optional
½ lime, juiced
Options to serve:
Sour cream or yogurt
1. Place large pan over medium-high heat about 30 seconds until heated.
2. Add olive oil and swirl to cover the pan.
3. Add butternut squash, onion and garlic then stir to mix until evenly coated in oil.
4. Stir mixture every 2 minutes or so for 10 minutes until the butternut squash
mixture is golden. The trick is not to stir too often so the mixture caramelizes and
gets a little crisp on the edges.
5. To the same pan, fold in (careful not to smash anything) the rinsed and drained
black beans and salt.
6. Reduce heat to medium-low and heat until warmed through, about 2 minutes,
7. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro and lime juice.
8. Serve in warmed tortillas with a dollop of salsa and your other favorite tacos
If you enjoyed this article you may also like our Picky Eater Approved Fish Tacos!